Sunday, August 12, 2012

In Her Words and Mine

A little snippet from the five-year diary of Mrs. Sarah Willis, wife of Clyde Willis, previous owner of the land we now live on and from, and my response. I will be sharing it with you occasionally in this space, for enlightenment, appreciation, and respect for those who came before us.

August 12, 1941: Tues. Jesus' love is wonderful to me. We took Dot to the hospital and train, then went shopping. I got blouse material, a brown pocket book, brown shoes & white & black pumps. Dad gave me $5. It is cold tonight. 58 degrees. I am wearing my flannel pajamas.

August 12, 2012: Sun. Jesus' love is wonderful to me, also, Sarah. I am very blessed. We went to church, spent the morning in the place where you used to live, preparing for living there ourselves, then spent the evening at our Parish Picnic with wonderful friends and fellow parishioners. It is also cold here tonight. 59 degrees. I will wear my flannel pajamas just like you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment